cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"command disabled" when setting IP address on AIR-LAP1252G-A-K9

tortiz1996
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am trying to set ip address on cisco ap AIR-LAP1252G-A-K9 using the "lwapp" command but get message "command is disabled"

I am connecting via console cable to ap. I have already reset ap to defaults.

Not sure why I'm getting this error "command disabled" Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to erase the nvram.

Entered the username and password
debug capwap console cli
erase /all nvram:
[confirm]
undebug all
reload
[confirm]

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott,  I dont see "capwap" as an option on the ap. The ap is not connected to the controller at the moment. Here is some more info. When I first connected ap to controller I could not get the ap to join the controller and set it's static ip. So I disconnected ap from controller. I am now trying to set static ip on the unconfigured ap but get the message "command disabled" for all write commands.  

Replace the capwap keyword with lwapp in that situation.

This is a hidden command so don't try using a ?  Since your ap is a 1252, like Rasika mentioned, use lawapp instead of capwap.... you need to erase the nvram.

The other way is this method:

Hold reset for over 30 seconds to get to ROMMON

ap:delete flash:private-config

ap:delete flash:private-multiple-fs

ap:boot

Your AP will be factory default

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Does your AP already regiser to a WLC ? In that situation that error msg is expected.

If you want to forget any previously know WLC & start from fresh, follow what Scott's advise.

Below post may be useful as well. sometime replace lwapp keyword with capwap if your AP has latest recovery image which no longer supports lwapp

http://wirelessccie.blogspot.com.au/2009/08/configure-your-lwapp-ap-from-ap-cli.html

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Hi the WLC is in production and using 3 Ap's. I am trying to add the 4th one.

ok, do this & get the AP console output when it is trying to register to your WLC again. What is the WLC software code you are running & what model WLC is it ?

debug lwapp console cli

write default

reload

Based on the console output after this point, we can tell you what to do

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Hi, not sure what happen but the AP is now regestering with the WLC and I am able to configure, seems to be working so far.

It may have been the resset. Anyways thanks for your help

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card