cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Radio1 Shows Not Installed

eric
Level 1
Level 1

Any idea on how I can get this "Installed"?  I am trying to get guest wirelss setup but can't without both radios installed. Any help is greatly appreciated.

16 Replies 16

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Eric,

What model access point do you have ?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

AIR-AP1220G Series

I was afraid of that .. Thats your problem. That access point only has 1 radio which is the 802.11 b/g 2.4GHz.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

All the config docs I have looked at say I can have multiple ssid's with this WAP.  It even says I can have 8 in the config.  What I am trying to do is get a guest wireless setup.

Thats different

You asked why you didnt see radio1 and thats the 5 GHz radio. Thats why you dont see it becuase your AP doesnt support it.

As for your last post, yes you can add additional SSIDs to your access point. And you can add them under your radio 0. Is this the first time you are setting up a SSID on a autonmous access point ? Are you using that access point for anything else?

See, that's what I tought! The problem I am runninng into is that evet config doc I look at wants the main SSID on radio) and the guest on Radio1.  I am using this at home, but I have a lot of people that come over and use my wireless, I would like to keep them off my internal network and on the guest vlan.

Oh, then just substitute radio 1 for radio 0 then in the config example.

I hope this helped ...

Tried that, it doesn't work.  It will only broadcast 1 SSID.

Did you add the mbssid guest mode command on your guest SSID ?

Not sure, I can try it again.  I'm pretty sure it stopped broadcasting the primary when i tried to broadcast the guest.

It would have, by default you can only broadcast one ssid.  To get around this

Conf t

dot11 mbssid

int dot11radio0

mssid

then under the SSID

mbssid guest-mode

Though, I would only broadcast the 'guest' network, not that it makes the 'private' anymore secure.  Then anyone on your 'private' would then need to configure the SSID and encryptions and not just click on it and enter the key.

HTH,

Steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to rate helpful posts or to mark the question as answered so that it can be found later.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/thread/25093

Well, I've got 2 ssid's, one is my guest wireless, but the other one broadcasts as "Other Network".  Any ideas??

I'll assume that your 'private' isn't named Other network.

So what you're seeing is the supplicant telling you there is a WLAN there, but that the SSID is not being broadcasted, so it can't tell you what it is.  So working as designed for that piece at least.

HTH,

Steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to rate helpful posts or to mark the question as answered so that it can be found later.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card