cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Radios on HREAP AP won't turn on

jkaufman2
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 4402 controller with a few local aps that works fine. I tried to add an HREAP AP and am running into problems. The HREAP ap finds the controller and registers but the radios on the AP never come up. The operational status is always "down". The HREAP AP is a AP1242AG with lightweight firmware. If someone could let me know what I'm doing wrong that would be great.

thanks,

Josh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Maybe not enough power? That usually happens when the AP doesn't get the provided power. You have it connected to a 802.af PoE?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When the AP is joined, have you tried to enable the AP status or verify the radio status is enabled?

-Scott

The admin status of both radios is set to enable. What is wierd is that when I originally configured i had it on the same layer 2 network as the controller. Everything worked fine then. Now when I take the AP to the remote site the radios won't come on.  Also when the AP first joins the controller the radios will come up for a split second and then reset.

Maybe not enough power? That usually happens when the AP doesn't get the provided power. You have it connected to a 802.af PoE?

-Scott

Yes I do. I will try connecting the power supply directly to AP to test it.

Changing to a external power supply fixed the problem. What is wierd is that before I converted the AP1242s to lightweight they were working fine off the same POE swtich.

You can always check the power draw and see if its pushing enough power.  Might also try to swap ports or check the cable as the pair might be bad.  If you do a show power inline (cisco switch) it should show you the hostname of the AP.  If you see IEEE, then you might have a bad pair or a bad patch cord.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Josh,

As per your query i can suggest you the following solution-

There is not enough power available to turn the AP on.

Hope this will help you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: