Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Radius Authentication 1141n

I have a simple set up, 2 AP's, 1141n's.  Max ever clients connected = no more then 50

AP1= Local Radius Server and Root AP

AP2 = Root AP ONLY, uses AP1 to authenticate users

Question 1

Someone mentioned the performance hit when using the Local Radius feature, what kind of toll am I looking at?  I really like the ease of the built in Radius service.  Maybe my small user load won’t make a difference, at least that’s what I'm hoping.

Question 2

When I create my user list and passwords on the AP's Local Radius Server, I am currently matching them up to the users Active Directory credentials.  This appears to be working but what happens when the user changes their password?  I guess I don’t understand how the user can authenticate with the AP's Radius Server AND my domain at the same time.  (My clients are using the Broadcom Utility Supplicant, LEAP and EAP-FAST authentication)

Question 3

This probably stems from question 2, but my users are not getting mapped drives correctly and logon scripts are failing.  This may be a timing issue because they can map drives manually. Event logs definitely show a problem initially connecting to the backed domain after AP authentication.  How can I fix this?

Thanks!

1 REPLY

Re: Radius Authentication 1141n

I suppose 2 access points is sufficient for 50 clients, but as far as the local radius goes, what's wrong with extending your AD into a radius server? This would satisfy questions 1 and 2. As far as q3, it sounds like your script is running before your client is fully connected to your wireless network. Does the script run each time a user logs on, even if the drives are already mapped? I personally don't like logon scripts and prefer the "Reconnect upon logon" checkbox for my mapped drives.

Views
Helpful
Replies