cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Re: Can't get DHCP IP for WLAN connection ....

InternetB
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

[1] I have a problem here I cannot seem to get a DHCP IP for my wireless connection. I have tested the DHCP scope on my wired network and it works, so looks to me an authentication issue with the radius server.

[2] Another thing that I noticed is that when I enter the radius-server information, I get this error

AP(config)#radius-server host 204.100.100.100 auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813 key 7 fHKrJ6U26DQuw5yb

%Invalid encrypted key: fHKrJ6U26DQuw5yb

Why am I getting this error ? When I enter the 'shared secret' without the key word 7, then it works. Not too sure if this is the problem with my laptop not getting an IP.

Pls enlighten,

Thank you,

Cheers,

- InternetB -

2 Replies 2

InternetB
Level 1
Level 1

Should the command to enter the radius-server command be :-

radius-server host 204.100.100.100 auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813 key 0 fHKrJ6U26DQuw5yb ?

Add the number 0 to make it not encrypted ? But what is the reason for this to happen in the first place ?

- InternetB -

yes, you want to use "key 0 "

when you use the "7", it is assuming you are applying a key that has already gone through the service=password encryption algorithm.

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: