Helpful
Replies

Really good wireless book?

John Peterson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was hoping some can help me.

I am look for a really good wireless book which will help me configure Cisco wireless devices.

I already no the basic but I am look for a really good book with the real world examples and guides.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Bob Bagheri
Level 1
Level 1

John,

By "wireless devices", I'm assuming you are looking for something to cover the devices which make up the CUWN (Cisco Unified Wireless Network).  If that's the case, I recommend training books which cover the different components in the product family.

For deploying Cisco wireless controllers a good book from Cisco press is:

http://www.ciscopress.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=1587058146

For an 802.11n deployment I like:

http://www.ciscopress.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=1587058898

Keep in mind, these books typically start out covering all the basics of wireless networking before getting into the meat and potatoes.

Hope that helps.

Re,
Bob

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The config guides themselves are some of the best to use. Also the deisgn guides are also worth their weight in gold. And guess what! They are free! You can find this in the Cisco download section.

I was the technical editor on Todd Lammles Cisco CCNA Study guide. Its a pretty good book, if you like Todds style of writing.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

George is spot on with the config guides and design guides. Read them, multiple times, they are better than any book out there. Books will give you theory, the config and design guides are how to actually do the configurations.

What good is the design if you do not know that it is doing?  Cisco used to be helpfull in this area, not any more!

CWDP - Certified Wireless Design Professional will get you the fundementals for RF design. I might, again, also recommend the design guides.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: