Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Reassign Bridge Group

Hello 

I am seeing a strange problem and I will be grateful to have some insight on this please?

I am configuring an AP and this is configured as

!
interface Dot11Radio0.2
 description ## Ensco Corp Wi-Fi ##
 encapsulation dot1Q 2 native
 no ip route-cache
 bridge-group 1
 bridge-group 1 subscriber-loop-control
 bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled
 bridge-group 1 block-unknown-source
 no bridge-group 1 source-learning
 no bridge-group 1 unicast-flooding
!

I want to reconfigure this interface as bridge-group 2 but it is not allowing me to do that. Any insight as to how to overcome this?

When i am trying to do this it comes back with

Interface already configured within Bridge Group 1.

when I tried to do a no bridge-group 1 it does not allow me to do that as well.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Purple

Hi,You need to have "bridge

Hi,

You need to have "bridge-group 1" command somewhere in your configuration as it is for the native vlan & typically used for brige management.

You can simply assign it for radio 0 interface & then you can change radio 0.2 interface to bridge group 2. Also you need to remove "native" keyword under radio 0.2 interface if vlan 2 is not native in this configuration. "encap dot1q x native" should only used for the sub-interface configuration for native vlan.

Ideally you should have another sub interface for bridge-group 1 if you are doing multiple vlan across the bridge

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

1 REPLY
VIP Purple

Hi,You need to have "bridge

Hi,

You need to have "bridge-group 1" command somewhere in your configuration as it is for the native vlan & typically used for brige management.

You can simply assign it for radio 0 interface & then you can change radio 0.2 interface to bridge group 2. Also you need to remove "native" keyword under radio 0.2 interface if vlan 2 is not native in this configuration. "encap dot1q x native" should only used for the sub-interface configuration for native vlan.

Ideally you should have another sub interface for bridge-group 1 if you are doing multiple vlan across the bridge

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content