cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Regarding the Access point AIR-BR1310G-A-K9-R

Dear Sir,

Need your help regarding the Access point  AIR-BR1310G-A-K9-R  (Aironet 1310 Outdoor AP/BR w/RP-TNC Connectors, FCC Config ).I have queries –

1. Will it work as point-to-point bridging where the distance between the two access points is 500 Meter max?

3. Will the antinna AIR-ANT1949 will work with this Access point AIR-BR1310G-A-K9-R   and cover the mentioned distance for point-to-point bridging?

4. How many anteena do I need for per access point?

5. If the mentioned anteena is not compatible, please suggeest us which antenna should I select for   for point-to-point bridging?

For you beter understanding the bom is below –

AIR-BR1310G-A-K9-R

AIR-PWR-CORD-UK

S131W7K9-12308JEA

AIR-ANT1949

AIR-PWRINJ-BLR2=

AIR-ACCRMK1300=

AIR-CAB100ULL-R

AIR-ACC245LA-R

CON-SMBS-AIRBR13R

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Regarding the Access point AIR-BR1310G-A-K9-R

Those bridges will work for PTP. Even the 1300's with a builtin antenna should work. You need clear line of site and you also need to make sure the rf is clean in between your buildings. There is an excel sheet that Cisco had for calculating fresnel zone, etc. Try using that. You can also use that yagi you have.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Here is a link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps458/products_tech_note09186a008009459b.shtml

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Community Member

These AP and antenna pair will work just fine for Point-to-Point bridge.  The distance is only 500m, so you may even lower the output power to ease the load on the radio.  You will need two APs and two antennas for a complete bridge.  1310 only comes with one TNC connector.

The beam pattern of this antenna is fairly narrow and you should move the antenna very slow when you adjust the antenna alignment.

If you are in a busy city with many RF interferences around, I would consider changing this bridge to 802.11a spectrum.  Cisco is not making any bridge product any more, so you will either have to use outdoor AP and an antenna and configure it as bridge or buy 3rd party bridge product such as Exalt.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content