Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Relocate Building to Different Campus in PI

I must be missing something obvious, but I am not able to figure out how to move a building to a different campus in PI 1.3.

Thanks in advance

From the configuration guide http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/prime_infrastructure/1.3/configuration/guide/maps.pdf

After adding a new building, you can move it from one campus to another without having to

recreate it.

Does anyone know off hand how to do this task?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

It is straight forward.

First go to "Monitor -> Site Maps" & then select the building you want to move. Then choose "Move Building" option from the dropdown list & hit "Go".

Then it should ask what is the "Target Campus". Once you selet it click "OK", That's it, your building should move to the required campus. Below shows a screenshot of what I explained here.

Pls mark this thread as "Answered" if this is what you looking for.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ******

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi

It is straight forward.

First go to "Monitor -> Site Maps" & then select the building you want to move. Then choose "Move Building" option from the dropdown list & hit "Go".

Then it should ask what is the "Target Campus". Once you selet it click "OK", That's it, your building should move to the required campus. Below shows a screenshot of what I explained here.

Pls mark this thread as "Answered" if this is what you looking for.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ******

Wonderful, thanks. I was clicking on the building and then looking for the action.

PERI_Admin
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot find this feature in Prime Infrastructure 3.7

Was this feature removed in Site Maps (New)?

Go into the old map system and look at the Hierarchy. You can move the building from one site to a different one using the drop down commands at the top. Check which building and select move buildings then it is like the process described above.

Brian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card