Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Remote Backup Wireless LAN Controller

We have many remote sites that each have their own 4402 WLC's locally.  I am planning on having a larger WLC at our central site to serve as backup in the event that the local WLC goes down at a remote site.  I am not planning on using h-reap in the event of a failover since the majority of the client traffic comes back the central site normally anyway. What i am a little confused about is how the WLC at the central site is going to be able to have an vlan interface for a remote site network network that is on the other side of a wan connection. Wouldn't the central site backup WLC need to have a vlan interface for a network at each of our remote site locations??  Maybe I am totally off base with this one. 

• Getting Started with Wireless
Everyone's tags (4)
1 REPLY

Re: Remote Backup Wireless LAN Controller

That is the tricky side of having local controllers and a central controller.  How I would do it, the central controller would have the same SSID's & settings, but differenet VLAN's/IP subnets.  When the local AP's connect to the controller - the controller will push all new config to them.  Naturally - users would not see a seemless failover with this way.

HTH>

Views
Helpful
Replies