Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Remote desktop connection into WLAN clients

We use LANDesk to remotely control workstations to fix them.  Ninety nine percent of them are wired connections and we've never come across this scenario outlined below.

We can use our LANDesk to control any wired workstation and fix it without issue.  We recently discovered that we cannot remote into a client if they are on Wi-Fi. 

We don't have any ACLs blocking connectivity, and can ping the dynamic interface, but not the actual WLAN clients.

P2P Blocking Action and Wi-Fi Direct Clients Policy are both set to Disabled.  I thought both of those were meant for Wi-Fi clients only. 

Is there anything else that I'm missing?   Is there someplace that I have to explicitly allow wired traffic to hit the WLAN controller's clients?

Thanks in advance...

1 REPLY
VIP Purple

Remote desktop connection into WLAN clients

Youl should be able to remote desktop to wireless clients.

When you trying to remote desktop wireless clients do that client have any wired connectivity at all ? Are those client have MS operating system ? If so you can try Remote Desktop as a test & see.

If you want to see what's going on, create a test SSID with open auth & put a wireless client on to it. then try to remote desktop using your application & take a wireshark capture of the switchport where AP connected (servicing wireless client).

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Views
Helpful
Replies