cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Removing ports from LAG

martynch1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, is there anyway of removing ports from LAG, we are getting multiple Prime 3 alerts because ports are down on the WLC, I need to admin shut them to stop Prime reporting

Blocked: Lag is enabled. Disabling the lag port is blocked when system is in redundancy state (SSO)

Thanks

Martyn

9 Replies 9

Hi all, is there anyway of removing ports from LAG, we are getting multiple Prime 3 alerts because ports are down on the WLC, I need to admin shut them to stop Prime reporting

NO, once you enable LAG all ports of WLC group in to one logical port channel.

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Thanks for the response, would you or anybody else know how to stop the alarms in Prime then or could I make a couple of RJ45 loop-backs that will bring up the interfaces, albeit nothing connected to them.

Could anybody help with a solution please, we have 3 controllers with LAG enabled but only using the first 4 ports on each WLC, Prime 3 keeps reporting that the other ports are down... Is there a way we can stop Prime for monitoring down ports?

Thanks

I just ran into this, disable the unused ports in the controller and prime will not see them as being down.  If you have SSO enabled you will have to break it to disable the ports.  

Another workaround is to disable the link SNMP trap on the WLC itself. You do need to make sure that the switch side of the link is still monitored of course.

Please rate useful posts... :-)

I've tried disabling the SNMP traps for links and Prime still picks up the downed ports and alerts on it.  Does anyone know how to disable those alerts in prime?

I had the same issue and found the best way to prevent constant alerts from Prime is to change the priority of the link down alert on the WLC to minor or informational to avoid filling the alarm panel.

However, this means any true link down status on the WLC will also be filed as informational, so you'll probably want to create custom monitors for those specific ports by placing them into a custom port group (i.e. Active WLC Ports) and giving that group high priority monitoring.

Do you know if breaking SSO will impact the user traffic? We're experiencing the same problem with sixteen pairs of HA controllers, but most of these sites are 24/7 so I wouldn't be able to break SSO to shut down the ports unless there was no impact to wireless traffic.

Otherwise I'll just have to disable SNMP traps for port down on the controller.

When you disable SSO, it will require a reset of the system. So yes, you will need to take a downtime.

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts *** 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card