Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

repeater in client leap mode

Hi I have successfully managed to create a local radius server on my root AP

which my client card ( aironet 350pcmcia )can auth with successfully

I have since followed the documentation on configering a repeater as a leap client. this seems to also assoicate with the root correctly ( have created an account for it on the AP), the problem is that when I roam from the route to the repeater with my client

the client connects to the repeather breifly i.e a few seconds , then go's back t otrying to connect to the root AP.

If I run a link test during this time , when I connect to the repeater breifly the signal etc is excellent , but no packets get sent until the client changes back to the root AP.The packets are then transmitted. This happens continually.

It appears that the client cannot not authenticate through the repeater to the root AP ? or certainly traffic will not pass from client via repeater to the root AP . does that make sense ?

Looking at the root web console I see that both client & repeater are assoiciated

can anyone help ?

Darren

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: repeater in client leap mode

Darren,

When you see the client move to the repeater what do you see on the debug dot11 aaa process on the repeater and on the local authenticator in your case the root

debug radius local-server { packets | error | client }

Use the command options to display this debug information:

Use the packets option to turn on display of the content of RADIUS packets sent and received.

Use the error option to display error messages related to the local authenticator.

Use the client option to display error messages related to failed client authentications.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content