Views
Helpful
Replies

Reset Cisco 1140 Access Point

jon becker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need help resetting the Cisco Aironet 1140 model AIR-LAP1142N-A-K9.  I need to access its web browser but I don't know the password.  I perform the mode reset method, but that didn't do anything.  Maybe I have to access its CLI, but that I don't know how.  Any help would be gladly appreciate. 

Thanks.

31 Replies 31

I type "show interface bvi1" to obtain the ip address, but it seems that it wasn't able to find it:

ap>show interface bvi1
BVI1 is down, line protocol is down
  Hardware is BVI, address is d48c.b5b0.0b56 (bia d48c.b5b0.0b56)
  Internet address will be negotiated using DHCP
  MTU 1500 bytes, BW 54000 Kbit/sec, DLY 5000 usec,
     reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
  Encapsulation ARPA, loopback not set
  Keepalive set (10 sec)
  ARP type: ARPA, ARP Timeout 04:00:00
  Last input 00:40:21, output never, output hang never
  Last clearing of "show interface" counters never
  Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 0
  Queueing strategy: fifo
  Output queue: 0/0 (size/max)
  5 minute input rate 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec
  5 minute output rate 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec
     2 packets input, 658 bytes, 0 no buffer
     Received 0 broadcasts (0 IP multicasts)
     0 runts, 0 giants, 0 throttles
     0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort
     3 packets output, 718 bytes, 0 underruns
     0 output errors, 0 collisions, 0 interface resets
     0 unknown protocol drops
     0 output buffer failures, 0 output buffers swapped out

You have the ethernet connected?

BVI1 is down, line protocol is down

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

ah, ethernet was disconnected.  So once I plug it in, I manage to obtain its ip address and access its web GUI.  I created its ssid, enabled WPA and enter its "RADIUS server" by ip address and "RADIUS Service Secret", also enabled "Broadcast SSID in Beacon".  I scan my wireless network to see if the ssid is there, but it doesn't show up.

You need to post your show run-config

You have to add the ssid to the radio and its probably a good idea to start easy... create an ssid with WPAv2 and pre-shared key and test with that.

-Scott

The show run-config doesn't work.  I type "show ?" but I don't see that option in the list.

How are you configuring this AP.... console or GUI?  Just make sure you create your ssid, assign it to the vlan and apply it to the radio.

-Scott

By GUI.  So when I enable vlan ID, it is asking for the number ranging 1-4094, or should I click "Native VLAN"?

Native Vlan is used if your not tagging that Vlan.  The AP management should always be native, so I would check that. 

-Scott

Hi Scott,

What VLAN ID should I use?

Is there a way to copy the same setting from my other aironet device and apply it to the one I am trying to configure?

Hi,

Yes we can. If you are in cli of AP just get the output of "show run" and copy the output and paste this on the new AP. You may have to change the ip address of the AP.

Thanks,

Ishant

good news, I manage to setup the ap with WPA configuration.  Bad news is whenever I unplug the power, it resets everything and I have to set it up again.  Is there a power option where the settings are saved when you unplug the power?

Good to hear that AP is working as per your requirement :)

Are you  saving the configuration? Have to enter "wr" to save the configuration from CLI.

Just type ap>wr?

Thank you so much for all your help.  Now I just need to configure the other AP, just need to change the ssid's password.  How would I do that on the GUI?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card