Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting bandwidth on WLC

Hi,

I want to retrict the BW for WLAN on WLC. please let me know the configuration.

Regards

Kumar

15 REPLIES

Re: Restricting bandwidth on WLC

You would want to restrict the bandwidth on the VLAN.

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________

Hi,

Thanks for your reply..I want to restrict the BW on VLAN only...I need configuration/procedure for the same.

Regards

Kumar

Hall of Fame Super Gold

If you want to limit the bandwidth on the VLAN then the packet shaping should be at the switch.

Hi,

One of my WLC interface connecting directly to firewal so i can`t do any thing on switch level..I am looking for solution to configure BW restriction on WLC itself.

Regards

kumar

WLC connected directly to the FW, anchor?

No can do on the WLC alone.

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________

add a switch inbetween the fw and the controller..

Hall of Fame Super Gold

You can enable/disable the data rates.

funny how 2 engineers can read a comment and think of it from 2 persepctives ...  although i think he wants to limit bandwidth not disable rates ... I ll give you 5 points if im wrong !

Hall of Fame Super Gold

LOL 

here bud... read this ...

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/networking/?p=404

Hall of Fame Super Gold

How about if you attach your SSID to, say, 802.11b and enable 1mb data rates and disable the rest?

thats thinking out of the box BUT .. now you will have 20 clients

flooding the medium with 1 meg frames and channel utilization will go through the roof!

Depending on your setup, if you have a router on the outside of your firewall (handling internet connection).  You can NAT the traffic from your anchor controller to a different outside ip address and then rate limit that ip address on the internet router. 

Silver

Why hasn't anyone mentioned per-user bandwidth contracts on the WLC?

It is downstream only, but that is typically what most people are concerned about with guests anyway....

Hello,

configure a basic class-map/policy-map to police the bandwidth on the gateway interface.

For example:

access-list 10 permit 192.168.1.0

class-map POLICE_GUEST_WLAN

match access-group 10

!

!

Policy-map POLICE

class POLICE_GUEST_WLAN

police 1000000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop

interface vlanX

service-policy output POLICE

This would police traffic to 1 MB for subnet 192.168.1.0.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content