Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RF Interfence in Wimax network

Dear all,

I am little amatuer in networking and i am having few small doubts. Is it possible to have RF interference problem in Wimax. Because I see Wimax to be with higher frequency.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Almost any wireless medium is susceptable to interference problems.  The interference may not have come from WiFi signals, but there are numerous other possibilities of interference.  It sounds like they found the possible source of interference, eliminated it, and the link returned to operational status (so they probably found the actual problem).  Sometimes it is that easy...sometimes not. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Is it possible to have RF interference problem in Wimax.

WiMax operates in different frequencies compared to 802.11a/b radios.  So, no.

leolaohoo

Thanks for the reply.  Dont we have an interference problem in Wimax. Can't we just say it as a problem in RF network.That is network of Wimax.

Dear Leolaohoo,

Thanks that was really infomative. I have this doubt because one of my Wimax device was down for few hours and i got an answer from the service provider that

"The link was affected due to RF Interference issue in our last mile RF network during the mentioned period; link was observed to be up after the same was resolved by our network team."

Here the Last mile is noting but the one which my service provider and it is Wimax. I was confused.

Almost any wireless medium is susceptable to interference problems.  The interference may not have come from WiFi signals, but there are numerous other possibilities of interference.  It sounds like they found the possible source of interference, eliminated it, and the link returned to operational status (so they probably found the actual problem).  Sometimes it is that easy...sometimes not. 

Dear Edwin

Thanks for your response. This really clarified my doubt. Thanks a ton

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card