Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Roaming between two SSIDs on the same AP

Hello!

I am running a WiFi network built on Cisco 1262 APs and Cisco WLC 5508. My APs broadcast two SSIDs, let call them "WiFi_Pay" and "WiFi_Free". I have a problem: when users migrate from "WiFi_Pay" to "WiFi_Free" (not moving, connecting to the same AP), the connection fails. If they try for second time, it is always successful. My task is to ensure that such migrations run smoothly and be successful from the first attempt. I need your help here! Maybe some advanced setting at WLC needs to be finetuned?

Regards,

Stanislav

• Getting Started with Wireless
2 REPLIES

Do you have Fast SSID change enabled under controller general?

Bronze

Hi, 

Since you are working with 2 different SSIDs and you would like that the wireless client changes from one SSID on a subnet to a different SSID on a different subnet but both on the same AP, make sure that you have fast SSID changed under the WLC tab as ajuarez mention. 

“Fast SSID Change that you can enable or disable.

When  you enable Fast SSID Change, the controller allows clients to move  between SSIDs. When the client sends a new association request for a  different SSID, the client entry in the controller connection table is  cleared before the client is added to the new SSID.

When FastSSID Change is disabled, the controller enforces a delay before clients are allowed to move to a new SSID. “

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.