Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Rogue AP

The WLC2504 detects quite a few Unclassified Rogue APs. What's the best practice to handle these Rogue APs? Classify them as Malicious and contain them?

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Rogue AP

I would not contain them as it does a DOS which can be illegal and also uses a percentage of the ap CPU. You can create rules to add then as friendly, etc. that's what you should do.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Re: Rogue AP

piggy backing Scott. You should try ti determine where the AP are in relation to your network. If they belong to neighboring companies than friendly is the way to go. I'd they are in your network then you could go malicious and contain them. Just make very sure they are in your network before doing so.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Rogue AP

What's the best practice to handle these Rogue APs? Classify them as Malicious and contain them?

In some countries, containing Rogue APs constitutes to "jamming" and because of this can be construed as illegal.

However, if in some countries, if you can prove the Rogue AP is located INSIDE your premises then ...

Views
Helpful
Replies