Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

RRM and backup controller

Hi all,

Got a quick question on RRM.Suppose we have 2x5508s where one controller is acts as dedicated backup controller.There is no requirement for L3 roaming and therefore, mobility group feature will be disabled.My understanding is that as mobility group is disabled, there is no other way for the backup controller to obtain RRM specific info from the primary controller. Therefore, I believe we need to configure a separate RF group on each controller  and configure identical RRM settings so when the APs failover, affects on RRM would be minimal.Any advice on recommended way of performing RRM?

Thanks,

J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

Re: RRM and backup controller

Mobility group is different than RF group. RF group is related to RRM, not Mobility group, so disabling mobility group won't affect RRM. Once the two WLCs are configured in the same RF group, both of them will get the identical RRM info.

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Mobility group is different than RF group. RF group is related to RRM, not Mobility group, so disabling mobility group won't affect RRM. Once the two WLCs are configured in the same RF group, both of them will get the identical RRM info.

Hi Bbixe,

Many thanks for the clarification

I got another question,with regards to RRM is there a benefit of monitoring country specific channels ?This is the Cisco default on the WLC.

Woudn't  you be better off to configure monitoring only for DCA  channels?

Thanks,

J

Views
Helpful
Replies