Views
Helpful
Replies

Running both 2.4 Ghz and 5.0 Ghz for same SSID on Cisco WLC 2506

Kevin Xau
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have two 3602 AP connect to the Cisco wireless controller 2506. Although I try to enable 2.4 Ghz and 5.0 Ghz radio frequency; However, it seems the clients only can connect to the 5.0 Ghz. The attachment is the screenshot for the radio frequency status. Please tell me how to configure it that can work with both radio frequency.

Thank you so much

Kevin

9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Look at the file "ap-bgn.jpg" and look at the fourth column under Admin Status.  Notice it says "Disabled"?  This is why your clients will only connect at 802.11 a/n.

To enable 802.11 b/g, go to Wireless > 802.11b/g/n > Networks and put a tick on "802.11b/g Network Status" and "802.11g Support".

If you've enabled already but 802.11 b/g still won't come up then provide the CLI output to the following commands: 

1.  WLC:  sh sysinfo; 

2.  AP:  sh version; and

3.  AP:  sh inventory

Hi Leo,

I've already selected the option as you mentioned, but the status still disable.

Post the output of the following commands: 

1.  WLC:  sh sysinfo; 

2.  AP:  sh version; and

3.  AP:  sh inventory

There's a strong chance your WLC and your AP have the wrong regulatory domain which automatically disables 802.11 b radio.

Both APs are running with LightWeight IOS, I cannot telnet to those APs, I've screenshot the version for two APs.

Fine.  If you really, really want to do screenshots, then give me this: 

1.  On the AP, go to the "Inventory" tab; 

2.  Go to Wireless > Country and give me the screenshot of the TOP PAGE.  

The attachment is the inventory information for 2 APs

Ok, you've got two 2-year old APs with Singapore regulatory domain.  

Where's the screenshot of your WLC?  The top of the page of the Wireless > Country should have Singapore.  If not, then this could be where your problem is.

The top of the page of the Wireless > Country have Singapore, so ?

Post the configuration of your SSID.  

By the way, you really need to know how to post CLI outputs.  You are working in an IT sector and you don't know how to post CLI outputs?  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card