Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SAP2602 Initial configuration

This is my first 2602 AP. Do all the nifty functions of 802.11n start automatically or do I have to enable them? Specifically I am asking about channel bonding and ClientLink.

I did find where I can increase the channel width on my 5GHz band but wasn't sure if that was all that I had to do.                       

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: SAP2602 Initial configuration

For 802.11n you need to use open authentication or WPA2/AES. Also your channel width in the 5ghz has to be set to 40mhz to achieve up to 300mbps. With default of 20mhz channel width you can have up to 144mbps. WMM has to be enabled also. Here is a doc to help you.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.4.25d.JA/Configuration/guide/scg12.4.25d.JA-chap6-radio.html

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Re: SAP2602 Initial configuration

Thank you for the help; I actually had already set the security to WPA2/AES (although I hadn't mentioned that earlier.)

Do I have to do anything with the MCS rates? I notice that they are all disabled.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

SAP2602 Initial configuration

by default it shouldn't be disabled, but yeah, you need to enable them.  Might be better to clear the config and start from scratch.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content