Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Seeking indoor wireless mesh solution

morning friends,

One of our buildings is a 120K square foot building with very high public access. We currently have 5 independent AP's where some Cisco, others are not and each one broadcasts a different SSID. Like others I am sure it just evolved out of need. Time to replace.

I am looking to implement a wireless solution that can achieve the following and hoping someone here can suggest a CISCO product line to investigate.

An easily expandable indoor wireless mesh solution that can provide a single SSID that is would be accessed by mainstream public. (open - free wifi)

another single SSID that would be hidden that would be for internal staff and management, and etc...

ultimately it would be managed by one console / system / device.

Any thoughts?

Cisco Employee

This depends on your current

This depends on your current infrastructure.  Do you have Cisco WLCs?  Cisco Switches?  Is this an implementation of only 5 APs?  How large will it grow?

If you want quick and easy, you should check out the Cisco Meraki line.

Please Rate Helpful posts and mark this question as answered if, in fact, this does answer your question.  Otherwise, feel free to post follow-up questions.

Charles Moreton

Community Member

Hi Charles,We are a cisco

Hi Charles,

We are a cisco shop

The project would be a complete new designed with upwards or 10 AP's to start but should be able to expand to at least 20.

Yes, seeking a WLC

I have used mariki in the past before they were cisco and that was my first thought, but looking for something maybe a bit more robust

CreatePlease to create content