cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up a vlan on WLC 2504

jimmyfoddrell
Level 1
Level 1
I am setting up a 2504. I would like to set up 1 WLAN to connect directly to an ISP switch to use as a PUBLIC network. I configured port 2 on the 2504, set up interface with an address, then created a WLAN and SSID. (Port 1 is set up as internal and connects to the Catalyst 3850) It seems to work. When I change it to different VLAN ID, it does not work. Although port 2 is directly connected to the ISP device, do I have to make any changes on the catalyst for this to work or am I overlooking something. Thanks.
6 Replies 6

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What are you changing? The management interface VLAN tag?

Keep in mind that the WLC is a dot1q trunk, so if you set the management interface VLAN tag to the switchports native vlan, traffic will get dropped.

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Thanks for the repose. The MI is on port 1. I am wanting to assign it to port 2, which is directly connected to the ISP router.

Why are you wanting your management interface to go to the ISP?

the AP's are on the internal network, and if you put mgmt to ISP, you won't be able to manage the WLC, nor will the AP be able to join.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Port 1 is my Mgt interface which connects to a cisco 3850. Port 2 goes to the ISP device.

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ok, then I'm confused

"When I change it to different VLAN ID, it does not work

What doesn't work? what VLAN are your changing and where?

Steveß

HTH,
Steve

abwahid
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Go on below link, it possibly will be helpful for you.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11585281/2504-wlc-and-2-vlans

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card