Is RRM running and has reasonable cell overlap been confirmed?
Do other types of devices have issues roaming?
I'd recommend running a debug client while the failed roam event occurs.
Our best bet for determining why clients are dropping is to telnet or ssh into the controller, and run a debug client.
It's important to monitor the focus client (we can only debug one client at a time) while the debug is running, and make a note of what and when happened (client dropped, didn't recover, recovered after a certain time, etc).
Once the client has had the issue, stop the debug and review the outputs at the time that the issue was observed.
Here are details on how to accomplish this:
1) Identify the mac address of the focus client
2) telnet or ssh into the controller
3) start terminal output logging to collect the output
4) issue the command: config sessions timeout 0 (this will prevent the session from timing out, which stops debugs on wireless controllers).
5) check the controller's time to make sure our debug time stamps will correlate to the client's perceived time (show time)
6) start the debug: debug client
7) monitor the client, make a note of when the issue occurs and the client perceived symptoms.
8) once the event has occurred, stop the debug with the following command: debug disable-all
9) stop terminal file logging and review the captured output
Additional info regarding the Debug Client utility:
Transferring Crash file from standby:
Login to the Active WLC in HA.
(Cisco Controller) >transfer upload datatype crash
(Cisco Controller) >transfer upload filename <Desired filename>
(Cisco Controller) >transfer up...
This is the start of a display filter cross reference between Wireshark and OmniPeek.
The 1st installment is a table of advanced filters. More filters will be added as time allows.
It is a living doc, so check back for changes every so often
Please feel ...
I have created a Powershell script to automatically add a Wireless Guest User on Cisco WLCs. (tested on 2500 Series)
The script should be completely self explanatory.
Powershell SNMP Module (Install-Module -Name SNMP)
SNMP Write Access to...