Views
Helpful
Replies

Simple M'Cast issue 2504

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I have a simple multicast setup that I can't get working. I have a Cisco WLC 2504 on version 7.4.110 (tried with 7.4.100) with one AP connected (3502). I have two SSIDs (psk limitation on apple tv) that point to the same interface with a default mdns profile attached to it. What I can not understand is why my airplay icon wont light up on my mac osx. When I connect through my corporate network (embedded LWAP on an dmvpn spoke) I can see my corporate apple tv just fine.

I ran a packet capture and debug mdns all and I see the reply with my apple-tv sent back to the my laptop, both mdns replys look fine for the apple tv service. I am a little confused at to what is the issue. The clients default gateway for both the macbook point the svi on my vlan, and just for grins I have ip pim sparse-dense mode configured.

I also tested with an ipad and i get the same results.

The corporate controller I tie back into is a 5508 that is on version 7.4.100

If there are any debugs I can provide let me know, I can clean the screenshots if anyone wants to see the packet capture. I wanted to ask to see if there is a simple setting I may be missing.

Tarik Admani

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Make sure AirTunes service is enabled. That is what AirPlay uses in the later code versions.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

Yes, Since iOS 6.0.x onwards you required this AirTunes service in order to get Apple TV working with those.

Below post may help you as well

http://mrncciew.com/2013/03/27/configuring-mdns-on-wlc-7-4/

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Make sure AirTunes service is enabled. That is what AirPlay uses in the later code versions.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Yes, Since iOS 6.0.x onwards you required this AirTunes service in order to get Apple TV working with those.

Below post may help you as well

http://mrncciew.com/2013/03/27/configuring-mdns-on-wlc-7-4/

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Thanks for the help guys that is what it was.

Tarik Admani

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card