cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Site Survey Client on AP 1200

droll
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any detailed documentation on the Site Survey Client mode on the AP 1200?

When using this mode I cannot see any indication that it has associated withthe root AP. I would like to be able to pass traffic from the ethernet port to the root AP VIA the AP in client mode. The Ap in client mode shows the radio in blocking when in client mode, is this normal? Is there a way to manually change this to forwarding mode?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

Dave

4 Replies 4

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In order to connect the two AP's togather, you need to have one AP as root and other as "Repeater". AP in a Client/Non-root mode is used for diagnostics or site surveys, such as when you need to test the radio by having it communicate with another access point or bridge without accepting associations from client devices.

Here is the docs for that

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo1200/accsspts/ap120scg/bkscgch3.htm#67157

So you need to configure one AP as root and other as Repeater for connectivity over the wireless link.

Thanks for the info. I have been to the documentation that you provided a link to. I found in a bit light on details. From what I understand, in repeater mode the traffic that the AP receives on the radio will not be forwarded to the Ethernet port, which is what I'm trying to do.

Essentially, I'm trying to use one radio on this AP as a wireless bridge between two wired networks.

-Dave

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

By design the eth port of repeater will be disabled so it will not work the way you want.

manjeets
Level 3
Level 3

Please go through the attached doc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card