Cisco Support Community
Community Member

site survey for 3502i access point

I want to do initial site survey to fix the location of 3502i but there is no existing lan-set up where i can connect and do the site survey.

I do not have autonomous ap as well.

do i need to wait to get ethernet lan up and connect my ap and get registered ap with WLC and then fix the location or is there any other way to do site survey?

Please suggest me .

Cisco Employee

Re: site survey for 3502i access point

Pretty much yes you need the WLC if you want to do the site survey with those access points.

You could take an 1140 running on IOS if you want to have life simpler I guess.

Don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

Hall of Fame Super Blue

*Cough*, *cough* ...

Officially, there's no autonomous IOS for the 3500, however, I've personally seen a 3502e with an autonomous IOS.  The aIOS+AP was provided by Cisco to the System Integrator to perform wireless site survey.

Cisco Employee

Well yes, but that all depends on your Cisco contact. This is no official or standard way of doing things. So maybe Vinod asks his cisco account team and the account team wonders how on earth they can obtain this ... :-) Let's not give false hopes.

But if they can provide you, then lucky you.

Community Member

There is now available beta code for autonomous 1260 series APs.  You could reach out to your Cisco contact and try to get that.  The 1260 and 3500 series APs are identical with the exception of the spectrum capabilities in the 3500.  So you can survey for a 3500 deployment with an autonomous 1260.

CreatePlease to create content