Helpful
Replies

Slowness on WLAN

samirshaikh52
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All

I have some wireless issues. Let me explain you,

We have WLAN infrastructure with Cisco Aironet WAP distributed on the floors. Recently I've recived complaint from one of the floor, that they are facing slowness while working on SQL Application. When I try to ping to any destination ip, its not stable. However,there is no weakness in the signal.

I have 2 ssid's configured on WAP,guest and employees.

I dont know what going on.

Any help will be appreciated

9 Replies 9

samirshaikh52
Level 2
Level 2

Please can anyone help me to resolve this issue

Hi Community,

I haven't recieve any reply from the experts,,,Please I need to solve this ASAP

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

slowness while working on SQL Application

Firstly, if it's SQL-related applications ONLY then it's not your WLAN.  If it was your wireless LAN, ANYTHING and EVERYTHING would be slow.

Is the slowness to SQL-related applications related only to WLAN?  Does it also include WIRED network?

I don't have any experience with SQL-related applications but I've seen a few where it all boils down to the server and the application particularly when someone's done something to it.

Use a wired/wireless packet sniffer and find out what the response time from the server is like.  Maybe something in the applications is causing the server to respond that can overwhelm the wireless network.

Thanks for your response.

I would like to let you know I done some ping tests to WAP default gateway and packets are recvied with long intervals 500ms..800ms

Please Advice

Please can someone help me ASAP.

What have you found?

I need the experts guidance and until now i couldn't discovered where is the issue ?

I am need of your help

Experts,

I am annexing some snaps and WAP config for your review

Please this is very urgent and I need the resolution ASAP

Thanks

Message was edited by: samirshaikh52

samirshaikh52
Level 2
Level 2

Finally got it working i missed out this command on radio interfaces

speed basic-6.0 9.0 basic-12.0 18.0 basic-24.0 36.0 48.0 54.0

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: