Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small multisite solution?

Hey all,

My company is looking to implement wireless access in its facilities. We are a very small company with 3 main locations in 3 states, and only one of those locations has a (very small) dedicated IT staff. That said, we would probably only need to deploy a total of about 20-30 AP's in all locations.

Because we have such a small implementation, we have been eyeing the 2500 series WLC. However, only the Flex 7500 series is advertised as "multisite." Obviously we don't need support for 1000 branch offices or have $75,000 to spare, but since support staff is so low we need a centralized solution for maintaining WiFi in all our locations.

Is there a way to accomplish this using a more appropriately-sized WLC (even if this means implementing smaller WLC's in each location and somehow managing them remotely, pushing config files, etc.)? We are quite new to the prospect, and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

roadkill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
3 REPLIES

Thanks, guys! Looks like I need to read up on HREAP.

I actually found that FAQ but the header mentioned it was for the 4400 series. Looks like if the 2500s support HREAP and CAPWAP, we should be okay though.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

WLC 2500 will fit and you can use H-REAP (aka FlexConnect).

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content