Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

some cisco 1602i not join the 2504 WLC

Dear Gents, 

i had a problem in operation of cisco wlc 2504 and the 1602i APs, 

i had 25 AP, the problem is that when i configure the network some of the AP are joined and other AP not joined and when i made the restart to the system some joined AP  was not join again with the WLC and APs joined swapping occur with some o others connected APs.

the 2504 WLC version is 7.4.110.0 and the VLAN and DHCP 43 activated on Cisco switch , the time was set and country region is US , the wlc license was support the 25 AP .  and the WLC was set as master controller .

your help and support much appreciated 

4 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Once AP joined to your WLC

Once AP joined to your WLC you can go to each AP & set Primary Controller Name & IP Address under "High Availability" tab of AP.See below for some reference. (in your case it is only 1 WLC)

http://mrncciew.com/2013/04/07/ap-failover/

If AP not joined your controller & if you have the AP console access you can try to set it via AP console.

LAP#capwap ap primary-base <WLC_Name> <WLC_Mgt_IP>

Also try to move onto 7.4.121.0 code as well (as the behavior you experience is not normal)

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Just to add to Rasika's post.

Just to add to Rasika's post... You should console into an ap that is not joining.  The output you will see, will give you enough information as to why the AP's are not joining. To make a wild guess, do you have enough dhcp address available?  To have some AP's join and others not join, seems like maybe some AP's are not getting an IP address.  I would also verify that the access points are on the correct Vlan.  Save time troubleshootung by looking at the console of one ap that isn't joining.

Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Dear Gents ,many thanks for

Dear Gents ,

many thanks for your replays kindly find the attached documents i hope it can help to recognize the problem >

also i set the priority for the joint access points and when i made a restart some of the  not joined but an other ones joined .

Dear Gents , the problem has

Dear Gents , 

the problem has been solved now the AP's are joined the WLC but when we connect any client he not get IP address from the connected router (in the same VLAN) , the IP's not pass through the APs , but when we connect the wire with switch we can access the internet >

may be i need some extra configuration .... hoping you can help me 

many thanks and regards 

Views
Helpful
Replies