Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Some clients(windows) not working on WLC while mobile client(iphone) working on same SSID

Hi All,

I got very interesting issue that on same SSID,  windows clients are not working sometimes, but mobile clients(iphone) are always working well.

The setup is WLC is located in DC, all AP in branch office are connecting to DC WLC with flexi mode.(H-REAP).  DHCP server is configured on switch in branch office. so DHCP proxy is enabled on WLC.

I tried to test with customer several times, but always got the same result as above.  What might be caused it?  Customer wants to move DHCP server from switch to WLC, but I didn't see any reason related to DHCP.

Thanks to advise,

Cherry

3 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Hi Chen, did you try to

Hi Chen,

did you try to disable Aironet IE on specific WLAN :

Aironet IE—Aironet IE is a Cisco proprietary attribute used by Cisco devices for better connectivity. Disable Aironet IE. From the WLC GUI go to the WLANs tab. Click on the WLAN to which the symbol devices connects. Go to the Advanced tab and uncheck Aironet IE.

Try it and let us know the result.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Thanks, Sandeep.  I will try

Thanks, Sandeep.  I will try it tomorrow if customer agree.

In such setup, is it possible to use WLC as DHCP server? Customer want to shift its DHCP server to WLC.  I read some document from Cisco.com, is it mandatory that AP must be IP same subnet as controller?

The wireless network generally contains a maximum of 10 access points or fewer, with the access points on the same IP subnet as the controller.

Hi Sandeep, I tried to

Hi Sandeep,

I tried to disable Aironet IE but no luck.

Today we tested mobile client, laptop with windowXP, laptop window7(main OS for customer).

1)all mobile client are working

2)laptop with window XP is working(only one laptop with winXP is available)

3)one laptop with window7 is working, two laptop with window7 are not working.

what else suggestion?

Thanks,

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content