Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Some VLAN help

I used this documentation to setup my WLC in a lab for testing.

Vlan 1 =

Vlan 200 =

I have two vlans 1 and 200. I created a vlan 200 interface just like in the documentation on the WLC. The ap is plugged into a port on vlan 200 and can associate with the WLC (and grab a dhcp address) from a dhcp server which is on VLAN 10.

I have no secuirty set up on the wireless ap as im just playing around with things. I can ping the wireless interface i made on the WLC from the WLC but i cant ping it from any other device. Is that normal? Reading the documentation it sounds like i should be able to ping the wireless interface from any device on the network (i cant ping the wireless interface from the ap either)

Also i think this is cause the problem where the laptop tries to associate with the ap it cant get an ip address.

I have a 3560 running a layer 3 IOS for this lab. With the WLC on a port that allows multiple vlans do i need to setup a static route of some sort to allow communication? Or maybe im just in over my head lol

Any information you need dont hesitate to ask! Thanks!!!

Community Member
Community Member

Re: Some VLAN help

Okay so i left work yesterday, we had a power outage and came back in this morning and it now works.

I only have one AP on the network for testing and i noticed that while that AP is off, i cant ping the wireless interface. (is this correct) This is so weird, i have been fighting this all week and now it works.

CreatePlease to create content