Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ssid not displayed

Hi I have a problem with a WLC 5508 the problem is that in one AP I didn´t see one SSID but I could see the SSID for the

guest users.

In the clientes I saw the SSID and them I didn´t see it so the clients couldn´t connect to the wireless, this onle happen in this AP.

for the moment I don´t know if all the clients couldn´t see the SSID or only happen with a specific clients.

Thanks....

5 Replies 5

Azariel

What ID did you use for this WLAN? when you created you new WLAN the WLC ask for an ID, you must choose 1 to 16, if you choose any value > 16 the SSID is not broadcasted less you have some AP Groups

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"
**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***
**Por favor si la información fue util marca esta respuesta como correcta**

It´s the number 4.

so... you're saying you can see this WLAN in ther AP's? just one doesn't? O you can see it at all?

SSID is enable? Broadcast is enable?

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"
**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***
**Por favor si la información fue util marca esta respuesta como correcta**

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Azariel,

As per your query i can suggest you the following solution-

Configuring Fast SSID Changing

When fast SSID changing is enabled, the controller allows clients to move between SSIDs. When the client sends a new association for a different SSID, the client entry in the controller connection table is cleared before the client is added to the new SSID. When fast SSID changing is disabled, the controller enforces a delay before clients are allowed to move to a new SSID.

Hope this will help you.

I test in one client and I saw the SSID but in the next 4 seconds I didn´t see that SSID but the strange is that I can see another SSID that is in the same AP.

The SSID is enable and broadcast in enable too.

Thanks...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: