Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SSID

hi All,

My query is with regard to the SSID on WLC.

Scenario:

I have 2 WLC 5508. SSID configurations are same.Now consider the WLC's are restarted for a maintenance activity. After restart SSID was not active on WLC1(Primary) and all AP's were on Primary. Now is there a way to get an alert if an SSID which is enabled doesn't gets enabled after a restart and an alert is send.

Now what i don't know is whether the SSID was really enabled(on the start-up config) before shutting down the WLC. if so why it wasn't enabled after restart.

Now if it was really enabled but config saved(Start-up) had SSID as disabled.

Any thoughts.

Everyone's tags (1)
4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

There is no way to get alerts

There is no way to get alerts for this.... I would assume that the WLAN was indeed disabled in the start-up config as the enable was not saved.  I have not seen this in any code version I have used or tested, so that is why I'm saying that its most likely your configuration was not saved.  If you are using AP Groups, it can also be that, but I really don't think so, if all you had to do was enable the WLAN.

Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott Got it, now what is the

Scott Got it, now what is the problem with AP groups, i am using 4 AP groups in the location.

But still there is no way to see an SSID being disabled like and interface not coming up or in Monitoring we cant explicitly check for the status of an SSID with some SNMP/or some other way.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

If an AP fails over to

If an AP fails over to another WLC, that AP looks for the same AP Group name.  If the AP Group is missing or the name is wrong, the AP will be placed in the default-group. So when the AP moves back, it will move to the default group and not the original AP Group it use to be on. I don't think that is the issue though or else you would of noticed that.  SNMP for disable WLAN's.... I really don't think there is one. 

Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Bronze

Hi,As far as i know there is

Hi,

As far as i know there is no such a way to get alert about SSIDs in Wireless Controller level network but if you go for Cisco Prime then there would be.

And secondly it seems your configuration is not saved as SSID enabled, that's why it is showing this behavior.

Views
Helpful
Replies