cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

static ip on ap-1120b w/cisco ios

schaufd
Level 1
Level 1

in the web express setup of the cisco ios for the ap1120b i chang dhcp to static ip and input an ip, subnet mask, and gateway. then apply. i am unable to get to device any more, cant even ping the address that i gave it. i followed the directions from page 2-7 of the Cisco IOS Software Configuration Guide for Cisco Aironet Access Points. I also tried using command line interface to set a static ip address and ended up with the same results. in the command line interface it doesn't ask for a gateway, just ip and subnet mask. I set the ip address with a class c subnet mask.

Dean Schauf

Schaufde@uwstout.edu

3 Replies 3

kmarrero
Level 4
Level 4

If you are configuring the device for the first time and you are browsing to it, your PC or laptop has to have an IP address within the range of the APs default IP address scheme. Once you change the APs IP address to anything outside of the default scheme, you will have to change the IP address of your PC or laptop to an IP address in the new subnet. If you have already done this, you may need to reset the AP back to factory defaults as some setting may have gotten stuck. Follow the directions on the following URL to reset the unit back to the factory defaults and reconfigure the AP. http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/102/wlan/pwrec-2.html

So then my question is can I access the ap from another subnet at all.

rajendrajagad
Level 1
Level 1

So your ap1120b device cannot be accessed after you changed its IP address right ? Since ap1120b is a DHCP server if you turn off the DHCP server it will not asign Ip address to any of the work station. If the DHCP server is On then it needs to be on the same subnet as your workstation you are access the device from only then you can ping and then you can access it.

Hope this helps

Rajendra

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card