yup.. Thats the catch... if we are using the LWAPP design.. then
there will be a tunnel which will be formed between the AP and the WLC which is called as the LWAPP tunnel... all the required
information will flow through the tunnel and its encrypted. So what ever we configure on the WLC, all these will flow through the this tunnel and gets pushed to the AP. We do configure the trunk for Autonomous APs which will not use this tunnel. yes... configure SSIDs on the WLC and by default, both the ssid will get broadcasted on the AP.
As I understood ... you need to map existing vlan subnet with your wlan ...
you will have interfaces which you first need to configure on your controller .
1) Management IP of wlc
2) AP- manager
3) dynamic interface which will be used to map the vlan with respective wlan
1) if you do not have dhcp seperate configured , first you need to create vlan then configure svi interface with ip address and dhcp pool for your ap to get ip address in your l3 switch which is connected to your controller with default-router command which will point to your switch
2) login to your controller through console and configure the management IP address
command : WLC( config ) > interface address management ... ip address... mask .... gateway ( it will be your switch )
configure AP-manager interface with above command with ap manager option ..
Now switch side you configure the one port which is connected to your controller as a TRUNK
connect ap to any port which will configured with above vlan which you have configured in l3 switch
Now AP should get registered and then follow below procedure for getting client connected to respective WLAN
3 ) once you configure login to gui of controller and configure dynamic interface with existing vlan subnet and give the dhcp server ip address if you have or else configure the dhcp pool for users also.
4) go to " wireless " option
5) select the respective wlan and map the vlan with respective dynamic interface
check whether clients got ip address.
please let me know ........ if you have doubt about it
Transferring Crash file from standby: Login to the Active WLC in HA.
From CLI: (Cisco Controller) >transfer upload datatype crash (Cisco
Controller) >transfer upload filename (Cisco
Controller) >transfer upload mode tftp (Cisco Controller) >transfer
This is the start of a display filter cross reference between Wireshark
and OmniPeek. The 1st installment is a table of advanced filters. More
filters will be added as time allows. It is a living doc, so check back
for changes every so often Please feel f...