Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Switchports of wlc 2100 dont bridge to rest of the LAN

Hi,

I've configured several WLC's before but I'm new to the 2100 series. I'm a bit confused in the way the 8 ports function. I have the following setup:

2 AP's (1131AG)

3 clients's (wired)

All five connected to WLC on ports 8,7,6,5,4

WLC port 1 is connected to a 24 port switch, non Cisco, so no CDP info available (may that matter).

The whole network should be an untagged Vlan. This is also the way I've runned the basic setup. AP int + MGM int are both untagged configured on port 1.

So I would like the 8 ports to function as an "expansion" to the 24 port switch. But for some reason there is no traffic possible between the wired clients+ap's on the WLC and the rest of the network.

Both sides can ping the AP int + MGM int of the WLC.

DHCP proxy works as well, the AP's get their IP, the wired client's dont.

As soon as the AP tries to resolve CISCO-CAPWAP-CONTROLLER.domain.local it fails, when connected to the 24 port switch, it succeeds, because the DNS server is on that side.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks for your help!

Update: WLC is running the latest version7

Everyone's tags (5)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gold

Re: Switchports of wlc 2100 dont bridge to rest of the LAN

The ports on the 2106 are designed to support AP connections or an uplink to a switch.  They will not work with PC's connected to them.

1 REPLY
Gold

Re: Switchports of wlc 2100 dont bridge to rest of the LAN

The ports on the 2106 are designed to support AP connections or an uplink to a switch.  They will not work with PC's connected to them.

Views
Helpful
Replies