cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Time mismatch between controller and AP, why?

btjtaylor
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have a lab setup with a Cisco vWLC deployed in VMWare ESXI and 2x 1131 APs, 

The APs are failing to join the controller due to a certificate error. I have noticed that the time that APs are using is an hour out from the controller.

The controller time and timezone are set correctly (London timezone, it's currently summer time here so its GMT+1), but the APs are being set to an hour early (GMT+0) and are failing to join.

I tried setting the time manually on the APs, but as soon as they talk to the controller it sets itself wrong again!

How can I resolve this?

Thanks

Ben

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
How can I resolve this?

You can't.  

LWAPP/CAPWAP standards do not include the APs to inherit timezones of the controller.  So the controller can have different timezones but the controller-based APs are always in UTC/GMT/Zulu timezones.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
How can I resolve this?

You can't.  

LWAPP/CAPWAP standards do not include the APs to inherit timezones of the controller.  So the controller can have different timezones but the controller-based APs are always in UTC/GMT/Zulu timezones.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: