cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TNC Antenna

raypugh
Level 1
Level 1

I am proposing to install three AP1242 and want good coverage within a warehouse, so am looking at the ANT-2460P patch antenna. Do I need 2 of these per AP and how far apart should the antenna be placed apart. I need to cover a working height from 4 foot to 25 foot height from the AP.

Is there any advantage with using diversity antenna.

3 Replies 3

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

if you're using patch antenna, you won't see any benefit from antenna diversity being turned on. Diversity is a means on the AP that allows it to listen on the other antenna if it notices that the first antenna is getting interferance. In other words, it only works from one antenna at a time, unless it needs to switch to "hear" better. Usually best with the dipole 2.2dbi antenna.

With a patch antenna, it's a little bit more directed.

One question, why not use the 1131AG, that has a built in patch antenna, and mount if from the ceiling?

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

The client already has two off 1240s and it is a Warehouse environment . Could you confirm if I need two patch antenna per AP for the 2.4Ghz connections.

No, you don't need two, one will be sufficiant so longa as it's pointing in the correct direction, and you set the AP to use that antenna.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card