cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to configure dsl line on WLC as separate port not part of the LAG

keith.k.quaye
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to  configure   port 8  on the WLC 5508  to a  dsl line  that connects to a linksys  switch.  This is seperate from  primary port  which  is  configured as  LAG  and has the rest of the vlans.   I am not sure how best to achieve this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Is your Linksys port a 1Gb port?

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You do know that the WLC is not used to terminate a DSL line, right?

You can connect the Service port to a different subnet so you can do Out of Band Management (OoBM).

keith.k.quaye
Level 1
Level 1

No its not terminating the DSL line    its being terminated  on  a  linksys  and  I am connecting from the linksys to the WLC. 

It was done on a  wlc 2100   but  I am trying to figure out how to do it on the  5508

Is your Linksys port a 1Gb port?

Sorry I hit the  correct answer by mistake  but to answer your question I am not sure  if it is I will have to check  but say that it is  what do I have to do.

The WLC SFP ports will only negotiate to 1Gb.

What are you trying to do?

My customer has a  DSL line  that  they  use for  certain purposes and they want to use it as WLAN . In the past they used it on a 2100.  

The WLC SFP port will negotiate to only 1Gb and nothing less.  You'll need a GLC-TX module to enable to connect an ethernet cable from the Linksys to WLC.

Configuration Guides

Ok I believe we have a couple of  GLC-TX modules  available .  So my question is  how do I take the  individual port out of the LAG  and just use that  for my configuration

Why do you want to take them off LAG?  IT's fine to leave them in LAG and still use only one active link. 

I guess my confusion is that  since tha port is coming from a different switch  than the primary port  it shouldn't be in LAG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: