Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

turning air-cap1602i-e-k9 from lightweight into autonomous ap and gui configuration?

can anyone link me the gui configuration guide for the autonomous 1600 access point ? i cant seem to find it anywhere , also are these the coreect steps into turning this model from light weight into autonomous?

1-setting the ip address on my laptop to 10.0.0.2/8 because the access point get the 10.0.0.1 when i press the mode button for 20 seconds

1-connect to the console port of the ap and connect a back to back connection to the ethernet port on the ap

2- setting up tftp server on my laptop with placing the ios for the autonomous version in the tftp server folder

2-press the mode button for 20 seconds untill the light turns red

3-i monitor the console logs to check that the ap found the ios and it is installing it

4-after the ios has been installed i get into the bvi interface and set up the management ip address which i use to enter the gui configuration page? do i need to set my laptop ip address to the same subnet of the access point managment ip so that i can enter the gui page on my browser through the same back to back connection????? are my steps chronology  correct???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Hi ,If you have full lwapp

Hi ,

If you have full lwapp image inside it,then , No need to Press mode button , see Lwapp to Ios section:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/57476/lwapp-autonomous-conversion-and-vice-versa-access-points#LWAPP_to_IOS

The procedure you defined above is also correct.Your Laptop ip address should be in the same subnet even for the upgrade to be successful. Once the bvi1 ip address is set , you can open it from anywhere.

Regards

Dhiresh

**Please rate helpful posts**

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Hi ,If you have full lwapp

Hi ,

If you have full lwapp image inside it,then , No need to Press mode button , see Lwapp to Ios section:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/57476/lwapp-autonomous-conversion-and-vice-versa-access-points#LWAPP_to_IOS

The procedure you defined above is also correct.Your Laptop ip address should be in the same subnet even for the upgrade to be successful. Once the bvi1 ip address is set , you can open it from anywhere.

Regards

Dhiresh

**Please rate helpful posts**

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content