Views
Helpful
Replies

Two wlan enable - work only one - WLC2504

matejbenuska87
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have fully working one wlan network - Office_wifi. I like to setup other one for Guest. I set two interfaces - first for office, second for guest. I created two wlans with SSID  Office_wifi and Guest_wifi.

I have got two routers, one for Office and other for Guest. First is connected to port 1 and second to port 2 (on WLC controler 2504). Each one router has separated internet connection. - i didnt use vlan ID settings, i think it is not neccessary in my case, but i am not sure about it, please tell me if i am wrong

Both wlans are working, but only one of them in time. I mean if i enable both wlans, i can connect to only one. If i would connect to other one, i have to disable first one. 

I spend few days with this setup but without success. If anybody has advice how to fix it, please help me.             

thanks

8 Replies 8

v.avagliano
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Matej,

I suppose you use WLC 7.4 release, is it correct?

Please check in Documentation the sentence:

• We recommend that you assign one set of VLANs for  WLANs and a different set of VLANs for management interfaces to ensure  that controllers properly route VLAN traffic.

So set a VLAN ID for the Interface of the controller (on the router side I think is not necessary)

What do you mean with:

• Both wlans are working, but only one of them in time. I mean if i enable both wlans, i can connect to only one.

You see the 2 SSID in the air from a laptop? or you see only one?

In the first case, what happen when you try to connect to one or another WLAN?

Valerio

Yes , there is WLC 7.4

I have tried setup vlan ID, but i lost connection to the network - ok i will try it again

I see two SSID from laptop, if i connect to for example to Office_wifi - its works well. But other network Guest doesnt (from different devices - other laptop, smartphone...) - i have got message - IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO CONNECT

If i disable wlan Office_wifi  (in wlan window of WLC controller), I can connect to Guest_wifi. Afterthat i again do enable Office_wifi, but i cannot connect any more until i do disable Guest_wifi.

thanks for your time

Enable "Fast ssid change" on WLC's Controller tab and see if that helps.

If it doesnt share a "debug client " while you reproduce this.

Best,

Sahil

Enable "Fast SSID change" helps, and now it is working very well. Thank you very much

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

As per your query i can suggest you the following solution-

You can find this feature supported in WLC version 7.4 release.

Hope this will help you.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to disable LAG and also, you need to create two interfaces, one for each router in a way. So if your not trunking to the router, then you just define the guest as vlan x and make sure that you specify the primary port. For example... Office interface is primary port 1 and no backup. Guest interface is primary port 2 and no backup. Then just map your WLAN's to the correct interface and that should work.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I have exactly the same set up what you recommended. Problem was in "Fast SSID change"

But, If i defined Vlans, it is stoped works. I can see other network if i dont have Vlans. Do you have any idea what is wrong ?

thanks

Post your show run-config

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: