cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to browse to 1130ag's ip address???

Charles Hill
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have installed a 4402 with 1130ag aps. The Dhcp servers shows the aps with assigned ip addresses.. I can ping the ip address of the ap and the ap can ping other devices within the network. The install guide states I should be able to browse to the aps. I'm receiving no page found. Why can't I browse to the ap? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Q: Are you saying that because these are lwapp aps you are not able to browse to them?

A: Nope. You need to convert to Autonomous to avail of this feature or you need to let the AP join a controller and browse via the WLC.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Once the AP has joined the WLC, you can no longer browse the webpage of the AP.

The reason is that the AP's configurations are all controlled by the WLC. You go to the WLC's webpage, click on the Wirless -> All AP's and click on the AP you desire.

Does this help?

I have installed a brand new out of the box air-lap1131ag-a-k9 ap. The network does not have a wlc. I can ping the ap, but i'm unable to browse to it. I ran a debug on the ap and I see the request hitting the ap (port 80) and the ap responding back. It does state that its routing via rib. ???? Should I be able to browse to it, once it has obtained a ip address? I have tried this on 3 different networks and 3 different computers and 3 different aps. All with the same result. Can't browse to the ap!

Without a WLC, you won't be able to use LWAPP/CAPWAP APs.

You should have ordered a IOS AP.

Search Cisco.com to convert your LWAPP AP to an autonomous IOS AP.

I have six sites with a wlc for each site. I was attempting to browse to the aps before they were communicating with the wlc. Are you saying that because these are lwapp aps you are not able to browse to them? These are my first lwapp aps, so please forgive my ignorance. Thanks.

Q: Are you saying that because these are lwapp aps you are not able to browse to them?

A: Nope. You need to convert to Autonomous to avail of this feature or you need to let the AP join a controller and browse via the WLC.

Thank you. Once they connected to the controller, everything is working fine and I can browse to them via the WLC. Unfortunately the document that I had been referring to did not specify they needed to be autonomous to browse directly to the ap. Now I know, so hopefully next time I will not waste my time attempting to browse to them. Thanks again for your input.

Thanks for the rating.

"Unfortunately the document that I had been referring to did not specify they needed to be autonomous to browse directly to the ap."

Go to the website where you found this documentation, sometimes, it will allow you to rate the documentation. You may want to highlight that so Cisco can quickly ammend it.

I think it is important to note you can console into a LWAPP/CAPWAP access point whuke it is joining or has joined a wlc . This is helpful in troubleshooting join issues among other things.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Excellent point. That is how I ran the debug. Thanks for the input.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: