cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Unable to reset and recover wap321 devices

Hello
I have six  wap 321  devices  deployed  in a group of  two clausters .One cluster has four devices  while  the  other  has two.The  wap 321 are  deployed  between two floors of  an office.As  the  number  of  devices  grew  they have  been intermittent breaks and reconnections  in service at  first then now  simply refusing  to connect  altogether.I figured  that the  customer growth had  some thing  to do with  this  and  i decided  to create  three clusters  reducing  the  cluster  that  had  four  units  to two.                                                                                                                                                                                                                

After  resetting i have  been unable  to reconnect  with two of  the  devices  in the  factory reset  state.The  devices  are  not  holding  the  192.168.1.245  IP address they are  supposed  to have.                                                                                                                                                                                                            

I had continiously pinged '192.168.1.245' before and  during the hard (factory) reset  process and noticed  that the device replied  the  ping  only for  a  short  interval(10 -13) counts and then stopped.  Now  i have even less wap devices,i am wary of  resetting the  other  devices  as i can not  affortd  to loose the remaining four devices .The worst part  of  this  is  that  i do not  have  the  device  passwords  to the  remaining  functional  units  because  colleauge created the  passwords  and  has  misplaced the password  documentation.  What  is  the  optimum number of devices  /clusters  for about eighty people(i do have  some form of  limited  cable distribution).    

I am in a really tight situation with a lot  of  frustrated  folks  mad  at  me  what do i do ?

1 REPLY

Referhttp://www.cisco.com/c

Refer

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/csbap/wap121/administration/guide/WAP121_321_AG_en.pdf

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content