Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to upgrade cisco wireless lan controller 4402 firmware

justinwray
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I am in the midst of trying to update the controller firmware of a cisco wireless lan contoller 4402, and having some issues getting the file to transfer to the controller.  i am currently running verison 5.0.148 on the controller and attempting to upgrade to the latest version of 7.0.230  and for whatever reason it continues to not transfer. I have tried all 3 methods of cli, gui and using wcs software. all the no avail , I have tried tftp32 and 3cdaemon with the same results.

The error that i am getting from 3cdaemon is got socket timeout aborting code 10054, failing at 66MB transfered. I increased the timeouts both on the wlc and  the tftp client to no avail

the error i get on the wlc is Code file transfer failed - Error while writing output file

any help with this process would be greatly appreciated.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try to upgrade to the next highest code from what you currently are using to see if that takes.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try to upgrade to the next highest code from what you currently are using to see if that takes.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Try to intermediate upgrade to 6.0 before to pass at 7.0

Regards.

Mirko Severi

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you tried it from the service port?

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
the error i get on the wlc is Code file transfer failed - Error while writing output file

Could mean a few things ...

1.  What is your bootstrap version?  (sh sysinfo)  This happens when you are upgrading the firmware but did not upgrade the bootstrap first.

2.  Firmware you have downloaded could be corrupt or not "complete".

3.  Firewall.

Justin Kurynny
Level 4
Level 4

authorRemoved

justinwray
Level 1
Level 1

upgrading to an intermediate version worked i upgraded to version 5.2.178, not sure why the release notes for version 7 indicated that i could directly upgrade to version 7 from 5.0.148. thanks for all your help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: