Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Untagged and VLAN

I have a 4402 wireless controller whose management and ap management interfaces are connected to VLAN1 with the WAPs on VLAN17.

When I confiigure the 4402 I have to assign the ap manager interface to VLAN1; however, if I try to assign the management interface to VLAN1 I cannot telnet or https to the 4402. In order to do that I have to mark the management interface as 'untagged. Why can't I explicitly assign the management interface to VLAN1 since in fact it is on VLAN1??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Untagged and VLAN

Best practice is to not tag the management and ap-managers interface. vlan 1 on a switch is untagged so you need to set the management and ap-manager to vlan '0'. It is just how it has to work. Even if you have the management and ap-manager on vlan 50, you need to set the native vlan on the trunk port to vlan 50.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Best practice is to not tag the management and ap-managers interface. vlan 1 on a switch is untagged so you need to set the management and ap-manager to vlan '0'. It is just how it has to work. Even if you have the management and ap-manager on vlan 50, you need to set the native vlan on the trunk port to vlan 50.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Installation of the WISM place automatically

mls trust cos on the Gigabit link making the Etherchannel. If the AP-Manager is not tag the "QOS to wire" won't work.

Have you noticed that and have you worked around that issues !

Views
Helpful
Replies