Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade Prime Infrastructure v1.2

salilai01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Support Community,

I want to upgarde my Prime Infrastructure which is in version 1.2 to a newer version (1.4 or 2.0) to be compatible with the version 7.5.102.0 of the contoller WLC.

Which version should I choose for the Prime infrastructure v1.4 or 2.0?

is there a cost for this upgrade?

I found some documentation on this topic but I need your help to clarify this point.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Best regards

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is the compatibility matrix to keep handy

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5500/tech_notes/Wireless_Software_Compatibility_Matrix.html#wp131336

Since your on PI 1.2, I would suggest you bring up a new VM and not upgrade. Upgrade has it's issues especially with PI 1.2. Registered your license, add the WLC to Your new PI and then import the floor plans from your existing PI 1.2 to your new PI. That's how I would go about it. There is no additional cost, you just need to register your existing license.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thank you scott for your feedback but I was a little bit confused with the matrix compatibility.

Is it a problem if my PI is installed already on a VM?

Yes.... PI 1.2 was not great and upgrading has caused many issues.... you can search the forum on that.  I always stand up a new VM and just export and import the floor maps and rehost the license.  The matrix shows you what WLC code that PI supports and what AP's PI supports.  You need to understand that as you might choose either PI 1.4.1 or PI 2.0.  PI 2.0 was built around converged access so since you have a Unified WLC, you should go with PI 1.4 and patch that to PI 1.4.1.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card