Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade WLC 5508 to 7.4.121.0 problem

Not applicable

After I upgraded WLC 5508 from 7.2.111.3 to 7.4.121.0, all 3602i APs don't associate with the controller.  All APs were working/associating with controller on 7.2.111.3 at same setting.  IP address of APs are setup as DHCP.

The error message is "AP couldn't get IP address".   

Any one has this type of problem when you upgrade WLC 5508 from 7.2.111.3 to 7.4.121.0.

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

ISHANT VARSHNEY
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This doesn't look like software issue.

You have to check why the APs are not able to get ip address. Try connecting a PC to a swtich port where one of these APs are connected and see if you are able to get IP on PC.

Also check if the DHCP server is reachable and if there are IP address in the pool assigned for APs.

HTH,

Thanks & Regards,

Ishant

*** Please rate the post if you find it useful ***

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have to agree... I have done many upgrades to that code version with various access points and even the 3602's. The error you see isn't because of the code.  I would check to make sure that DHCP works on that port like Ishant mentioned. If the device does get an address, then the image got corrupted when the AP was downloading and you will have to factory default and upload the RCV image to recover from the issue you are having. 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I need to open a case with Infoblox tech support,.  APs are able to get IP address from a DHCP pool on a Cisco switch and associate with controller without any issue.

Make sure that Infoblox wasn't marking the address as dirty.  

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card