Cisco Support Community
Community Member

upgrading AP 1200

Got two new AP 1200s. came with the VxWorks OS in it.

Wanted to upgrade the image to IOS 12.2 JA.

Downloaded the VXWORKS-to-IOS conversion image, and started upgrading the AP, via the web browser. In between the upgrade, due to a power outage, both APs, rebooted.

I expected the APs to be in boot rom mode of Vxworks, and using Xmodem, I expected to transfer the image into the AP.

Problem with First AP:

Instead, I am seeing a bootrom mode of the IOS image. How can I download the IOS from this mode. I can see that there is a way to initialize tftp file system (TFTP_INIT), as well as options to set environment variables, such as IP_ADDR, NETMASK, DEFAULT_ROUTER etc. This looks just like "tftpdnld" tool in 2600 routers.

Is there a way to copy the image just like tftpdnld?

Hopefully some one can help me.

Problem with Second AP:

The second AP, boots and loads the IOS image (# symbols show up) and after some time, the booting stops and the AP is stuck in this mode for ever. Is there a way by which I can break into rom mode, (like Ctrl+Break) and then upgrade the image ?

Or the box is broken, and will have to be RMAed ?

Community Member

Re: upgrading AP 1200

First AP:

There is a way to down load the image, but bot through a tftp interface, you will have to reformat the flash and do a Xmodem transfer. The following link should take you to the step by step directions, you will have to use a hidden mendu to preform the functions.

CreatePlease to create content