Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Upgrading Cisco WLC 5508

I have Cisco WLC 5508 running on 7.3 software and 25 APs are presently registered with it.

I want to upgrade it to 7.6 as 7.3 does not support AP 1600.

I want to know how much downtime is needed to do this if my APs are in Flexconnect mode. Also, after are upgrade WLC, will it upgrade APs automatically?

A quick response is appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Rohit

2 REPLIES

What is the latency between

What is the latency between the AP and the WLC?

the basic formula for downtime is:

(ap/100)*3+5.  So number of AP/100(number of AP that can be upgraded at one time) * 3(average time to download new image) +5 (reboot time of the WLC)

so if you load the code and reboot, no pre-download, about 10 minutes of downtime, give or take.

But that does not include the 1.9.0.0 FUS image that should be done as well, and that piece alone takes about 45 minutes.

HTH,

Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Thanks Steve for reply.I can

Thanks Steve for reply.

I can see 20ms time to ping that location from WLC location.

Also I have 25 APs already connected to WLC and 2 more are to be connected. So total 27.

I don't know how many AP can be upgraded at a time.

Also, please tell me how does it work?

I mean, if I upgrade WLC and reboot, all AP's will start upgrading automatically all at a time....

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content